I searched and searched for the you tube clip we watched in class. There were so many phrases that moved me so. I sat in my chair holding back tears...thinking how crazy of me that I could be so moved. I hadn't heard her speak and the whole time I thought how wonderful if I had studied more of her work before. Maya Angelou spoke with such etiquette but more so was her passion. You could sense the love she had for the words she shared. As I listened to her speak, the one thing that crossed my mind is ....I want to inspire my children like that. Not only the children I gave birth to but also the ones I come in contact with.
I was so inspired to be the best teacher I can be so that we don't continue to lose the children of our world to Gangs, Drugs, Bad Behavior as she mentioned. All in all....she took my breath away.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
— Maya Angelou
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
3321- Reflection on Maya Angelou
Posted by Angelica at 10:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment