CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 19, 2009

3344- Narrative

It was the first day of school and Arabella walked in to what would be her Kinder classroom. She held her mommy's hand tightly as she heard her mommy say, "I will see you soon." Her words echoed in Arabella's mind repeatedly as she stood watching kids exploring and some crying. ALONE....how could this be? In a room filled with kids and a teacher too, Arabella was standing, and standing ALONE. Her heart was beating like bongo drums in her chest. Thoughts filled her mind and Oh what  a mess! Who's going to help me if I fall, who iwll hole my hand as I walk down the hall? Arabella's eyes filled with tears and her mind filled with fears. Things just couldn't get worst Arabella thought to herself, they just couldn't get worst.

With a gentle hug, smile and the touch of her hand, Mrs. Rosas said, "Arabella come meet those you will soon call friends." Mrs. Rosas handed out paper, markers, and crayons told the class, "We are going to have a fun day!" She gave the children plastic mirrors for them to see their hair, eyes, mouth and nose. Arabella scribbled and scrabbled and doodled some more. Then Mrs. Rosas hung their self-portraits by the door. All were so different and yet somehow the same, Arabella thought to herself...I think I like these kind of game. All About Me was the topic to learn. Mrs Rosas announced to the class on Friday you'll share just who you are with you friends. The bell sounded loud at the end of the day and Mrs. Rosas said, "I'll see you tomorrow so we can both learn and play.

Down the hall came Mommy just like she said she would. Arabella ran and gave her a tight hug. She tole her mommy all the things she had done with her so called friends. I danced, played, colored, and drew. I think I want to go back to school." Arabella siged as she skipped to her car. Thoughts of the day came and went in her head then she thought "Oh, I must share on Friday All About Me. What will I sa, what will I do, when I talk to my friends about me in school", Arabella worried and worried some more. Mommy was driving when all of a sudden she heard Arabella whisper to her, "who am I?" Without hesitation Mommy replied, you're my beautiful Princess in a fairytale world. You dance and twirl in your ballroom floor. Your room is your castle with dress galore. You welcome your dreams as you enjoy to explore.


That is what I have so far...not too sure it will work for kinder.

1 comments:

Jennifer Alvarez said...

I liked it.. I think if you did more pictures to the words then the words themselves to tell the story the students would better understand it..