This book by Margaret Wise Brown is one of my favorite fiction books. Again, I mentioned a while back I rarely read for myself and am familiar with many young children books. This is one of my son's favorite as well. This book is about a little bunny who decides to runaway. The mother responds by saying, "if you runaway I will find you...". The little bunny says he will runaway and become a fish in the stream, then the mother tells him she will become a fisherman and catch him. The story continues sort of like a game of hide and seek or catch. I love this book because the mother always finds a way to catch/find her son as he tries to runaway from her.
This book is hilarious and children will just love it. It is a story of a cow that would oink and a pig that would moo. All the other farm animals laughed at them and they were somehow outcasted by their group. The cow and the pig meet and become friends trying to teach each other their cry. So the cow teaches the pig to oink and the pig teaches the cow to moo. In the end, both learn a sort of two languages making the other farm animals jealous of this pair of friends. Very special book to teach children about friendship, respect, bi lingual, emotions, etc. I would read this to children in Kinder- 2nd.


0 comments:
Post a Comment