My MGP is on the topic All About Me. For this topic I thought I would simply write a letter of introduction to my students parents. It will look something like this....
Dear Parents:
I want to extend my warmest welcome to your child into our classroom. My name is Mrs. Angelica Guerra and I will be your son/daughter's first grade teacher. I have a BAS in Interdisciplinary Studies in EC-6th grade from Texas A&M University and an AAS in Early Childhood from San Antonio College. I have thirteen years teaching work experience with children ages 3-5years.
I will be working with the class during the first week of school to come up with a set of classroom expectations (rules). We will spend this week getting to know each other and how we can make this a fun learning environment. I will also be sending weekly newsletters that will inform you the topics and events taking place not only in our classroom but the school as well.
My philosophy for learning is that each child is unique, and each child learns in a different way. One of my jobs as a teacher is to help your child discover his or her individuality and work alongside with them to maximize it. I believe in hands-on experiences, learning creatively and learning though play. I am really looking forward to a fun–filled and educational year!
Attached to this page you will find a list of things your child will need when we start classes. If you need have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Monday, November 2, 2009
3344-Expository
Posted by Angelica at 9:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Thats good I love when parents are informed and involved
Post a Comment